'Life is Beautiful', layout by Alicia Redshaw

Hi Everyone, and welcome to my post today which is a layout I have created with the C'est la Vie collection.  

I have dissected a sheet of patterned paper to create the two borders for the layout, and then added additional torn strips, foam tape, Dimensional Magic (on the butterflies) and Glitzin Glamour (along the border design) to finish them off before adhering them to a plain cardstock background. 

 

I have hot foiled the "Life is Beautiful" Hot Foil Stamp onto the same cardstock that I have used for the background, before fussy cutting it to create the title.  The leaves and hearts I have scattered in the background were cut from scraps I have had left from other C'est la Vie projects.

 

The little red berry-like flowers were created with 3D Liquid Pearls sprinkled with white glitter before they dried.  I have also used pearls and bling scattered with my embellishment clusters to help support the delicate feel of the layout.

 

When I tore the edges for the inital borders I carefully fussy-cut around the butterfly, flowers and stems that hung over the edge.  I didn't want to lose them, and I didn't want them to have a clunky torn edges - so out came my Precision Scissors which make fussy-cutting easier and more accurate.

 

The additional butterfly that I fussy-cut from some scraps and coated with Dimensional Magic helped to balance the design and draw attention to the photograph.  This isn't the best photograph of our girls, however it is the only one I have of the two of them together at Amelia-Ann's Christening so it couldn't be left out of our albums.  

 


Products I have used:  

 Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day

 

#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts