C'est la vie Layout by Alicia Redshaw

Hi Everyone, and welcome to my post today which features a scrapbooking layout I have created with the beautiful new Cést la Vie collection of papers, embellishments and chipboard. 

   

 I started my layout by cutting, inking and distressing 2" squares from the Cést la Vie papers, most of which were scraps and leftovers from other projects.  You will need 24 squares in total, however you could leave off the ones hidden by the photograph and embellishments.  I found that faint pencil lines dividing the layout in half horizontally and vertically helped to layout out the patchwork design neatly.
 

I have inked the white doily so that it didn't clash with the soft creamy tones of the papers.  I also foiled the chipboard ferns and title with Matte Gold so that they too complimented the papers better.  As I create the elements for my layout I like to embellishment them (ie ink and/or distress), add tape to the backs and then place them (not stick them) where I think they will go - which may or may not change before I do any sticking.

 

The pink frame is from a page in the 6"x6" Cést la Vie paper pad, which also had some of the flowers I fussy-cut printed in the centre.  The rest of the fussy-cut flowers and butterflies came from a variety of the Cést la Vie papers from both the 6"x6" and 12"x12" paper pads.

    

 Well I guess that is it for me today, except to share some close-up pictures of may layout and a list of the products I have used.

 

 

 

 


 Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day

#artdecocreations   #couturecreationsaus    #ultimatecrafts  




You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts