Memories from Magnolia Lane by Anita Enright

#couturecreationsaus


Hello fellow crafters

Welcome to 2016 and the start of some amazing collections to come. 

Did you check out all the sneek peaks on the Couture Creations blog over the last couple of weeks?  All I can say is WOW!!! We all have a lot to look forward to with amazing collections on their way.

To start we have the stunning Magnolia Lane range that will be in your favourite scrapbooking stores very soon.  The beautiful Susanne Smyth created this range, and what a range it is.  It has everything covered for you - papers, embellies, dies, embossing folders and even gorgeous laces. You will find perfectly matching cardstock in the Ultimate Crafts cardstock range to go with Magnolia Lane.

So, for my first play I created this cute card.  The range uses the 2016 Pantone colours which compliment each other beautifully.



To start I cut a piece of Ivory cardstock from the Ultimate Crafts range at 5 1/2" x 11" and folded it in half. 
So that I didn't cut into my 12x12" papers I took the Rosehip Memories and Floral Fancy sheets from my 6x6" paper pad for use on the card.  I also cut out one of the Postcards from the Pretty Patches 12x12" sheet making sure the edges were roughly as in the print.  I then inked the edges of the postcard in a coordinating green ink.


Next I cut the Rosehip Memories piece of paper down to 5"x 5 1/2" and embossed it using the Magnolia Lace embossing folder.  It is such a pretty embossing pattern and really shows up beautifully on the patterned paper.
Adhere is to your card base.



Next I took one of the magnolias from the adhesive chipboard and a selection from the diecut ephemera.  Whilst I loved the original colours of the flowers, to tie it further in with the mint green colouring in a couple of the papers, I took a blender pen and coordinating ink and coloured in a few spots on the flowers.  I also used the same green and a coordinating pink and did the same to my butterflies. It just made them pop even more.


I do so love the magnolia flowers in this collection.
I inked the edges and center of the flower with my coordinating mint green ink, and then to soften the edges I sprayed them with a pearlised spritz.  I have to say the end result, looking at the before and after pictures, came up a treat. I was very happy.

Before
After
                                  
To finish off the project I cut the Floral Fancy paper just slightly bigger than the postcard itself.
It was then just a matter of placement on the card base.  The only other additions aside from the Magnolia Lane range products I used were the white gauze that I tucked under the flower and and the small pink seam binding bow that I added. The finishing touch was the matching mint green inking of the card surround to soften the edges.

Closeups of my finished project. Enjoy :)





Products

Thanks so much for stopping by.  
Continue to check out the Couture Creations blog for more inspiration.

Have fun creating.
Anita E













You May Also Like

6 comments

Popular Posts